Are you visiting The TechMed Event by car? You first drive to the main entrance of the University of Twente (Drienerlolaan 5, Enschede) and from there follow the route signs (including TechMed Event logo) next to the road to end at the parking lot: P4. This parking lot is located at the back of the TechMed Center. Then walk through the side of the building to the front and enter the building through the reception.
Select the address of the TechMed Centre (Hallenweg 5, Enschede) and follow the route indicated by your directions. Bicycles can be placed parallel to the building in the bicycle sheds. Then walk to the front of the TechMed Centre and enter the building through the reception.
In order to provide you with a high-quality event, including catering, technical equipment and facility design, we ask you to register and buy a ticket.
You can get your ticket here.
I have bought a ticket, how do I get access to the event?
You received a confirmation email after registration. If not, you probably entered the wrong email address. In some cases (often at hospitals) this e-mail is blocked by spam filters. In that case, it is advisable to use a different (private) email address.
Please note: you will not receive a personalized admission ticket. When arriving at the event, please register yourself at the registration desk. Everyone who has registered is on a registration list and there is a badge ready. If you are not on this list, you have not registered and you cannot participate in the event unless you purchase a (digital) ticket on the spot.
Update: September 30
We are very pleased that the event can take place live so that we can meet again physically and be inspired live. However, it is important to comply with the current rules and advice of the Dutch government. There are currently no restrictions or rules regarding the event, but the COVID-19 infections are increasing and it is likely that this will increase in the autumn. We have therefore drawn up the following rules for live visitors and it is important to follow them.
- Stay home if you have symptoms, like (nose)colds, fever, etc and get tested.
- Wash your hands regularly, cough or sneeze into your elbow, and don’t shake hands.
PRECAUTIONS AT THE EVENT
The event takes place in the TechMed Centre, which is assigned as an educational building. This means that some more flexible rules apply than may apply to other events. The TechMed Centre meets the strictest requirements in terms of ventilation in all rooms that are used according to the “Frisse Scholen” standards (these standards are stricter than the normal requirements).
We, as a Technical Medical Centre, think it is important that we can guarantee your safety and have taken the following precautions to make your live visit as safe as possible.
- Multiple disinfection poles to wash your hands.
- Even though we are not obliged to keep 1,5 meters distance, we will set up layouts more spacious (but not 1,5 meters distance).
- Wearing a face mask is not mandatory, but it is possible to do so (just to be sure, bring a face mask if the Dutch government makes this rule mandatory from November 3rd)
- All the above COVID-19 rules are strictly adhered to by the organization. If we find that someone shows symptoms, for example, the organization has the right to refuse the relevant person access to the event or to leave the event.
Can I book a hotel stay nearby?
Yes, this is definitely possible! The U Parkhotel, located on the campus of the University of Twente (approx. a 10-minute walk from TechMed Centre, is the perfect location for your stay. We have agreed on a special price for participants. Incidentally, you must make this booking yourself.
- Comfort room: € 89,50 per room, per night
- Superior room: € 99,50 per room, per night
- Breakfast: € 15,50 per room, per night
- Touristtax: € 2,75 per room, per night
Reservations can be made by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling: +31 53 433 13 66. Please, mention ‘MedTech Twente Week’, to receive the special rate (while stock last).